Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's almost over



YOU. GUYS.

Keith comes home from China on SUNDAY. He's been gone for over three weeks and now he's finally almost home! I'm very excited for this because it means we can finally clear off the DVR... we've been at 2% space for a while and that has meant I wasn't able to hoard my Jeopardy recordings. *sight* the sacrifices I've made...

The first couple of weeks he was gone went by really quickly because I was busier than normal. I had a friend come stay with me for a weekend, I went to visit my brother and sister-in-law a couple of different times, Keith's parents were in town, I worked late... it was kind of exhausting. The past week had a much slower pace though and that has been really nice. I did some redecorating and ate a lot of carbs. I washed some dishes and organized some cabinets and also succeeded in breaking our champagne flutes we were given as a wedding gift. I bought some ant poison. I decided I like artificial greenery.

I figured out that while I can live without Keith, I really don't want to. He and I have never been attached at the hip, and we've never been the couple who has to spend every waking moment with each other. But even so, it's sucked being apart for so long. A couple of days apart is one thing, but nearly a month? Nope! Not for me! I don't know how military spouses do it... you guys are the real MVP and I have so much respect for you!

So, to end this super rambly and pointless post: I can't wait 'til Sunday. And I really appreciate everyone who has been so encouraging during the last few weeks! 

1 comment:

  1. 4 months into my husband's deployment - good thing I love the man so much! Glad you are getting your husband back :)

    ReplyDelete