Monday, November 11, 2013

Ninja Mimosas and I suck at geography


 
(To my friends and family who have served and are currently serving in the military: thank you. And to the friends and family of those who are currently serving, thank you. Your sacrifice, dedication, and bravery is inspirational and supremely underappreciated.
 
     Over the weekend one of my best friends came to visit: Cristen. She and I met when I was in high school and we both worked at Subway, and she is one of the funniest people I know and living 3 hours away from each other sucks. I'm not going to tell you about how our wall got fixed at 9 on Saturday morning or how I decided to watch Sons of Anarchy instead of cleaning or about how going to Target on a Saturday morning is a new definition of hell... no, I'm going to jump right in and tell you about how I poisoned Cristen with Ninja Mimosas (trademark me).
 
NINJA MIMOSAS
One shot vodka
A cup
Ice
Champagne
Some kind of orange juice
 
 
     Pour the vodka over ice in the cup (don't use a champagne flute because these are the big leagues and flutes don't hold enough), fill the cup 3/4 of the way with champagne, and fill it up with the orange juice. I like to use orange/mango/strawberry/banana/peach or some combination of those because I like my drinks sweet. Stir and drink through a straw.
 
     I named this a ninja mimosa because you can't even tell the vodka is in there until you've have two mimosas and you feel great until BAM! the vodka hits you and you can't even walk to the bathroom. Cristen and I started drinking the Ninja Mimosas around 3, snacked on cheese and crackers and snickers and fruit, and then at 5:30 (ish, I don't remember) we had a friend drive us downtown to meet Jacey for dinner.
 

 
     So we had a beer and a cider and a salad and then we decided to head over to the same place we had the magical shots on Thursday night and get more Cosmos. Except we had flirtinis and chocolate martinis instead. (Google flirtini if you don't know what it is.)
 
 
     Then we had another round.
 
 
     Dammit, Tom! wasn't there but Nate the bartender was, and he remembered us and got us good and drunk by making those flirtinis S-T-R-O-N-G.
 
     Then Cristen made friends with an older lady who sells books and we invited her to sit with us and we gave her our phone numbers but she hasn't called us yet.
 
 
     Then Nate the bartender asked us why we hadn't taken any shots yet and he brought us something green.

 
 
     The only other thing I need to share from this night is an embarrassing story of how when I've been drinking I don't know anything about geography. On our way to get a cab I saw this guy I sort of know from church, and I yelled his name and hugged him and he hugged me back and started talking to me so of course I interrupted him because I'm polite and this is what happened.
 
Me: Guess what?? My brother just got back from India! Didn't you go somewhere over there?
Him: Uh, well, I went to South Sudan a year and a half ago.
Me: Yeah! That's what I meant! Those are like pretty close to each other, right?
Him: Well, they're both on a different continent so...yes?
Me: That's so cool! You guys both went to places across the ocean!! KAY BYE!
 
     And we walked away and took a cab home.
 
     And when we got home it was approximately 8:57pm and our neighbor had to help me unlock the door.
 
     Then Saturday came and Cristen and I got breakfast burritos and snuggled on the couch while we watched The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
 

     And when Sam was trying to help Frodo up the side of Mount Doom to destroy the Ring of Power, Cristen looked at me and said, "Is that how you feel when you hike?" And I just had to laugh because that statement was SO. ACCURATE.


 
     We hiked later that day, because that's what you do the day after a night of heavy drinking, right? Hiking is HARD and I was so out of breath. LOOK WHERE WE CLIMBED.


 
     I'm really looking forward to getting some rain because when we do, all that land you see will be lush and green and it's just going to be so pretty. SO pretty.
 


 
     We were exhausted after that hike (it's about a 4 mile round trip...maybe a little less) so the rest of the night we just ate massive sandwiches, snacked, went to Starbucks, and watched Date Night.
 
     Cristen, come back soon and next time I'll only let us drink one Ninja Mimosa each, ok?? And if our friend from Giuseppe's ever calls us we can all go to her house for dinner.
 
     Oh and FYI South Sudan is in AFRICA. It's not even on the same continent as India, which I would have remembered if I hadn't been kicked by a ninja.
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

15 comments:

  1. Ummm too much hiking. I would have stayed in bed. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a few thoughts...one Cristen and Jacey look like sisters. two i'm not even gonna mention what the green shot looks like, oh wait yes I am...snot and phlegm (oooh didn't know it was spelled that way) three why all of the hiking ever? and four how do you get your pictures rounded and pretty and five where is the video after all of Faith's hard work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend haha x). Your hiking pics make me wanna go hike!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you that when we went to breakfast on Saturday.. my friends drank ninja mimosas except they had a different name and they were pineapple vodka, orange juice, and champs and they were yummy! I should have gone home at 9pm on Saturday.. I really should have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the hiking would have been more fun not hungover. I love hiking. And mimosas. But not vodka. I really don't even like thinking about it because it makes me want to vom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really impressed that you hiked after a night of heavy drinking.

    Also, I'm on my way over for ninja mimosas, kaythanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT HIKE! gives me a major fitness boner. kudos to you for doing that after a night of drinking!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who can hike hungover? I can barely make it from my bed to my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are SO GOOD! And they look edited. So proud of you, J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ninja mimosa. I want one. Also, that's a lot of physical exertion for a hungover person. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a trooper for going hiking after a hangover, I would have put another movie in and called it a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love me a mimosa but a ninja mimosa!? You know the way to a girls heart...

    www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those drinks look amazing!!! Yum!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How you hiked after a night of drinking amazes me, so you go girl! Also.. I don't think I would ever be able to drink with you. I'm more of a one and done, some time after having my son I lost my ability to handle my alcohol ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...If I hadn't been kicked by a ninja. Love it.

    ReplyDelete