Normally I switch up my makeup routine more often than Rihanna switches up her hair. But for the past few months I've been sticking to some key products that I might never get rid of, and I always want to remember them so I'm writing about them on the internet.
This post could also double as an ad for Maybelline because apparently that's my favorite brand.
This is also so that in the future if I forget what makeup I like I'll be able to come back and reference this post when I undoubtedly go and switch up my products again.
1. Smashbox photo finish color correcting primer. I started using this stuff when I worked at Disneyland and the other girls swore by it and convinced me it would change my life. Well, that was back in 2007 and I've been using it since then and will never stop. I get it at Sephora (I'm sure you could also find it on Amazon). It's definitely the priciest product I use ($38/full size, $10/travel size) but it's so worth it! I use the green because it's "color correcting" (think of a color wheel, green cancels out red or something like that I think) and it minimizes my naturally rosy cheeks (that I then go and put blush on...girls are dumb). I apply it all over my face with my fingertips.
2. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream. I recently started using BB cream when the internet started exploding with people saying it's a life changer. Guys, it is. I've never liked tinted moisturizers but I like to use something lighter than a foundation, and this stuff is PERFECT. I use it a few times a week when I just feel like having a little more coverage. It spreads evenly and I think it's magical. I just apply it with my fingertips (make sure you wash your hands, please).
3. Maybelline FitMe concealer. I LOVE this concealer. It covers without feeling cakey and it lasts all day. I dab it around my eyes (technically you're not supposed to use concealer under your eyes but I like to live life on the edge) and around my chin (that's my problem area, any tips on how to get rid of the blemishes I always have there?) and then pat it in with my fingers.
4. Maybelline FitMe pressed powder. Can't get enough of this. I use it every day and I love it more than anything I've used before. I've tried Mac, Clinique, Smashbox, Cover Girl, Almay... tons of powders but this one is by far my favorite. I apply using this brush from Target (I used to use this brush also but then I accidentally ran it over with my car) (if you didn't click the links they're both the e.l.f. brand).
5. Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush. I apply this using my fingers and I love the slightly dewy look it gives. (Did I just say dewy? Shut up Juliette you don't know what you're talking about.)
6. Maybelline Volume Express The Colossal Cat Eye (NOT waterproof). I used to switch up my mascara multiple times a month, but I've bought this same mascara 3 times (about to be 4 as I am just about out) and it's amazing. I love the curved brush and the stiffness of the bristles. Tip: start the wand at the base of your lashes and wiggle it back and forth to the tips of your lashes. It makes a difference.
7. New York Colow automatic eyeliner. I'm not too picky about what eyeliner I use. My two requirements are that it's 1) black (although sometimes I use blue or purple, shhhh), and 2) automatic, which means that I don't have to sharpen it. I only use it to tightline, which means I put it on my water line on the top (I do it on the outer edges of the bottom also) at the base of my lashes. I swear by tightlining. Google it if you have questions.
That's what it looks like, if you aren't sure what I mean.
8. Anastasia pressed powder duo (I got it at Sephora but I'm having trouble with their website, so I found it for you on Amazon here). I've been using this every day for almost 9 months and I'm only about halfway through the little container (the color I use is taupe) (I think). Even if you don't think you need to fill in your eyebrows just try it and see what you think. It makes a big difference and personally I think it helps to make the makeup look more polished.
9. Blistex. I'm not even going to link it because you can get it just about anywhere. I am ALWAYS wearing this except for the occasional times when I wear one of the bazillion lip glosses I have from various places. I love this stuff.
Here's a fun story: in high school when I didn't have anything to do at night (i.e. when I wasn't hanging out at the video/grocery store) I would practice putting makeup on my face and then wash it off and go to bed. Then I'd watch What Not To Wear and pretend I was Carmindy.
And in case you're wondering, this is what all the makeup looks like when it's all said and done. Bye.