Monday, July 1, 2013

You never forget how to ride a bike

I've been spending too much time on Twitter and blogs.
I know this because my left elbow is red, itchy, and peeling, and that's from resting my left elbow on the desk while my right hand uses the mouse to creepily click click click onto blog after blog after tweet after tweet.
It's so irritating because now I have to make a conscious effort not to lean on my left elbow and to rub Aveeno lotion on it all. day. long.
Sigh. The perils of the internet.

Aaaaaanyway....
Let's do a quick rundown of the weekend.
Friday after work I met my friend Amy for a bike ride from San Luis out to Avila Beach. There's this great pathway that I never knew existed even though I've lived in this area for over 20 years. It's only about a 6 mile round trip but it's coastal so on warm days it stays pretty cool.

Amy's lab/mastiff Diesel went out to Avila with us.

Oh, this isn't Diesel. I didn't take a picture of him.
This is Mac (or Macklemore, as I call him; Amy's boyfriend's dog), a boxer mastiff mix who's going to be HUGE one day.

I'm a bad blogger and didn't take my phone out to Avila. I wish I had because we went to the Farmer's Market that's right on the beach! We stopped at Mr. Rick's and had a margarita and talked for a while and watched all the people milling around.

I did take one picture.

This was the view on our way back to SLO. I love where I live.

Saturday I slept all day long didn't do much.
In the afternoon I decided it would be a good idea to do some more physical activity so I voluntarily decided to go on another bike ride, by myself this time.

We live .68 miles (I just mapquested it) from "the bay." It was a really clear day and the tide was way in. I rode around the bay area and then up some hills (and my legs almost fell off because I'm so out of shape) to Sweet Springs, a little nature preserve.


On really clear days like Saturday you can see all the way over to Morro Bay. The big rock on the left is "Morro Rock," a volcanic plug that's apparently California Historical Landmark 821 (I just Googled that so I know it's true). In the center if you look closely you can see the three smokestacks, which are part of a power plant that I'm pretty sure isn't in use anymore.
(Side note: when did this post turn into a Central Coast History lesson???)

That evening I met some friends in Atascadero to see The Heat. It was so funny! If you want to see a movie with some easy and inappropriate laughs then definitely go see it. But if you get offended easily it's probably best to stay away! There's a little Mexican restaurant next to the theater so we had a late dinner.



Our waiter kept coming out right when I was taking pictures of the food and claiming they were for Instagram (because my blog is a secret, duh that's why I have two Twitter accounts), and he kept teasing me. Every time he walked by he'd say, "Do you want to take a picture of this napkin/utensil/empty cup for Instagram?" He was pretty funny.

Sunday I went on another bike ride because I'm apparently really sporty, and then I drove out to a lake in Santa Margarita (about an hour inland from me and WAY HOTTER than my town) for a friend's birthday celebration.

Have I mentioned that I love where I live?


We ate, kayaked, ate some more, and complained about how hot it was.
Seriously, it was hot! I'm such a wimp, seriously. When it's over 80 I just can't. handle. it.
And this week the temperatures are supposed to be in the upper 90s (insert crying emoji here) so I'm going to be thanking the Lord that my office has a/c. Although I do wish we could set it to something different than "arctic chill" because I mean seriously that just seems excessive.


Sami's Shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your pictures are gorgeous. I'm moving out west tomorrow, mkay? I want to see The Heat really bad! Glad to hear its good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet! I fully support your move out here haha, or at least a little vacation! And yes, definitely see The Heat!!!

      Delete
  2. bike rides are the best! looks like you got some wonderful shots of it!! what a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics. cute dog. the water makes me wanna go swimming and the food makes me hungry. luckily it's lunch time here. :D have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have some awesome scenery during your bike rides. I wish I had been more active over the weekend. I was quite the bum. I definitely want to see The Heat! And that Mexican food looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete