Friday, July 12, 2013

Back those googly eyes up!

     Let's get straight to the point: it's Friday, errybody's backing their azzes up with Whitney, and I have a million and twenty-seven pictures to share. So hit play, shake yo' thang, and let's do it to it (what does that even mean?).


When I lived in Southern CA I'd put in this cd and dance around the apartment with a glass bottle of (cheap) champagne as my microphone. It was classy.
ANYWAY.

     If you follow me on Twitter then you already know about my recent obsession with googly eyes. Well, Allie asked me when I'm doing a post about the googly eyes and I told her Friday, so here we are. I started googly eyeing because I thought it'd be entertaining and guess what? IT IS. I started out putting the eyes on things that were just in my office, like this:
By the way, the Brita pitcher is saying, "Please keep me filled if you don't want to get punched! Thanks!"

Then I took it to another level and put some on my face and other stuff.
The Starbucks cup is one of my favorites, she looks like she saw something pleasantly surprising.


Oh hey, now please listen to this song that I was backing my azz up to in Hollywood in 2007.

The next day I decided I'd googly eyed everything in my office that I could, so I walked down to the drugstore and wandered the aisles putting these eyes on everything I could find. Guess what? At 9am all the employees are in the store and if they catch you wandering up and down aisles pulling things out of your purse and taking pictures, they're gonna stop you multiple times and ask you if you need help. Smile, say No, and continue with the mission.

Guys, shake weights are inappropriate as it is. I mean, I definitely have a green one, and I use it, but it was a no-brainer...of course this shake weight guy needed googly eyes. It just makes him look more intense as he stares at his own shake weight.
(PS have you seen the SNL parody of the shake weight commercial? Viewer discretion advised and stuff.)

Oh, it's time to change the song again.

Target also has great things to googly eye. I think I spent a half hour just searching for things that I could use to make a face with. Jacey doesn't think this is a worthwhile hobby, but Jacey, I'm ignoring that.

So by that point, I was worn out and needed an adult beverage.
And nothing makes me feel more adult than googly eyes (lie)!!!

Tape doesn't stick on glass that has condensation so you need to get creative.

What? Did someone say creative? Fine, hand me the salt shaker and the ketchup bottle and I'll show you creative!

At this point, the people who were with me at Applebee's thought this was the weirdest thing they'd ever seen. One of them suggested I either get a boyfriend or go to therapy. Obviously I just rolled my eyes and kept on keeping on with my googly eye mission. I mean really, we all know how I feel about boyfriends and dating, don't we?

A few minutes later I noticed a big bottle of Grey Goose behind the bar, so I not-so-casually asked the bartender if I could "see it just for a minute, I'm not gonna pour any or anything." She laughed and handed it to me, and I stuck a googly eye on it and handed it right back to her. She didn't even notice. So now the bar at Applebee's looks like this:

Well, unless a manager saw it and demanded the eyes be removed which, I think, would be a bad decision. Where's your sense of humor?

FINALLY my friends realized how fun this was, so we tag-teamed the wall.
We walked by this picture, one at a time, and stuck two googly eyes on this football player's face.
And I hope when we go there next week they're still there, but lezbihonest, if they aren't we all know I'm just gonna stick some more up there because I travel with googly eyes in my purse.


Oh, then we had to do this one right before we left.
So there you go: the art of googly eyeing. Don't say I never tried to be entertaining!





Oh, and one last song for you. Turn up the volume and shake it like a Polaroid picture.
Just kidding. This was a BAZINGA or catfish or whatever.





28 comments:

  1. Way to go. I just caused a damn scene in my office from laughing so hard.

    The Grey Goose bottle. It got me. It got me real good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grey Goose bottle is my personal favorite, I think. It'll be hard to top.

      Delete
  2. I've seen every single picture up here already but it's still damn funny the second time a round. I can't even pick a favorite they are all so good. GOLDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so obsessed with them! Sending them to you is one of my favorite things!

      Delete
  3. You know I'm like crying right now right? PS. Did you see that tweet person saying there was an app that added googly eyes? I died a little.

    This is one of the funniest thing of my life. Googly eyes really do make things better. I'm making it my mission to go buy some and stick them on random things this weekend.

    Oh, and you got me gooood with these songs. These were all my jam at some point. For instance, sophomore year of college.. we had a masquerade ball for a sorority formal and masks are lame so instead me and my friends wore neon raybans and got wasted and did karaoke of That's Not My Name. There's a video out there somewhere which is terrifying.

    PS. Can we be best friends?! OKAY COOL BYE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them at the craft store for so cheap! DO IT!
      And please please fine this video... I'm begging you, I need to see it!!!
      And YES WE CAN

      Delete
  4. this is hilarious. silly gal! :D

    hope you have a rockin friday and a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. Just the smile/laugh I needed this morning. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so stinking funny!!! I may have to hope on the googly eye train this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. Best thing I've seen all week. Nay, year. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, also we both chose spice girls jams so I double love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy mother effing hell. This is not okay. I am on a bus right now and I'm "that" girl laughing out loud at her phone being annoying. "So now the bar at Applebee's looks like this" haha I died. Kill me dead. This is a genius idea and I must partake in this nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is by far the funniest thing I have read in awhile. YOU ARE MY HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You kill me. Seriously, you just kill me. I can't stop laughing. I want to be your BFF in real life and google eye all the things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is freakin' hilarious!!! Good thing I didn't read this at work. I'd get in trouble for laughing too loud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ARE HILARIOUS. hahahahha I'm dying. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love this! The Applebees pics are the bomb. You could start a whole googly eyes movement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is friggin hilarious! I've got to get my hands on some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Allie on this one, I've seen them all but it's STILL funny. It's probably a good thing I've had no time at work to check my phone lately otherwise I would be bustin' a gut and people would think I'm nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Love Love this post!
    How cute.
    have a great week.
    Love Gi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is seriously hilarious!! Googly eyes obviously make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok just came here per Allie's recommendation and I am freakin dying. So good. So so good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness I just laughed wayyyy too hard at this. Like, there were tears.
    I'm obsessed and will be carrying googly eyes with me from this day forward.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are too funny!! Loving all your random lists - came over from Life of Bon, so glad we did!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found your blog after Bonnie linked to it and I saw this post and laughed so hard. What a cute idea!! If I was walking around and saw some googly eyes staring back at me, I would be instantly happier. My name is Heather - it's nice to make your blog's acquaintance :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god! The Cruisers baby and Find Your Compass guy had me for real LOLing!
    Love Love Love!

    LittleBirdBlogs

    ReplyDelete
  24. it's 1:30 am and im sitting here cracking up over these googly eyes!! the grey goose one kills me, I hope it's still there!

    ReplyDelete