Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weeknights aren't for birthdays

     My birthday was yesterday and a lot of things happened over the weekend but the most recent event was going out last night and drinking a mystery birthday shot that Jordan the bartender made me and I don't want to get too graphic but you should know I haven't been able to keep anything in my stomach all. day. long.
Moving on.
Birthday.
PHOTO DUMP QUICKLY APPROACHING.
LOOK AT BABY JULIETTE!


Birthdays on weekdays should not be a thing. I took the day off work which was great, but it was also kind of weird because apparently my birthday isn't a national holiday so everyone else had to work.
Hashtag inconvenient.
Jacey braved the monster that is me when I wake up and brought me flowers and balloons before she went to work! The balloon is HUGE and the flowers are pink and they smell good and they're real and I'm so happy to have them. My mom put crepe paper in front of my door like she's done ever since we were little (oh and ps I live at home did you know that? surprise!). I had brunch with my dad in Morro Bay and strawberry pancakes GET IN MY BELLY. Then I watched the saddest episodes of Downton Abbey EVER, my dad brought me roses from the farmer's market, I got a pedicure, and then Jordan the bartender ruined my life.


Jacey and I went to Morro Bay on Sunday night and it was so responsible and I wasn't hungover at all on Monday morning so I obviously thought I was invincible and I may have had a little too much to drink.
And I'm only saying that because it's true.
We went to Creeky Tiki (one of my favorites) and Jordan the bartender disappeared for about 5 minutes making my special birthday shot and I don't know what was in it but it was the strongest thing I've ever had (besides that one time with the Bacardi 151 and is it just me or am I starting to sound like an alcoholic?) and even thinking about that drink is making me sick.
After our liquid celebration we walked down the street and I stopped these guys and made them take our picture and I don't remember much else except that they were 18 and it made me feel old and then I made them add me on Instagram because isn't that what all normal people do?
ANYWAY.
Oh yeah, this.
That's just some of what I had.
It was SO much fun but this morning was awful. I honestly don't know how I woke up to my alarms at 6am.
Today has been an ugly not so gentle reminder that I'm not in college anymore and weeknights should be reserved for Jeopardy and Netflix (that was a joke, sort of).

I really want to reflect on the past year but I just can't do that right now because I'm busy trying to survive the day and it's really hard.

Jacey, this is for you so you can quit whining about how I abandoned my blog. Thanks for poisoning me last night and for everything you did to make my birthday so much fun! Now give me back my shirt, my shoes, and my water bottle please.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday! It's good to go all out once in a while as a reminder of more carefree days lol!

    ReplyDelete