Monday, June 24, 2013

The girls came to town!

FIRST OF ALL, Erin at Two Thirds Hazel is a genius and gave this blog a lovely makeover that I just can't get over! I hope you love the design as much as I do. Thanks again, Erin!!

*And now back to our regularly scheduled programming*
Warning: Lots and lots of pictures.

Last year, when I moved back to San Luis from Brea everyone told me I'd be SO bored and I wouldn't have ANYTHING to do and how would I survive?
WELL.
My old roommates came up to visit me and I'm pretty sure they're eating their previous words because we did SO MUCH this weekend. It all started at a dive bar in Morro Bay with a beautiful bomb called a Cr*ck Pipe. You're supposed to chug it but apparently Christine and Lisa didn't get the memo because...
After that Jacey and I introduced Lisa and Christine to shuffleboard, and would you believe that those newbies schooled us? Ugh. Some guy offered them celebratory beers for their win.
It was safe, I promise. No roofies.
Oh, and there were Jell-O shots.
The rest of the night consisted of more shots, another dive with a moose head on the wall, a puppy in the bar, more Jell-O shots, and obviously making friends with people we'd never met before.
Lisa won in the making friends department.
I mean, will you LOOK at those rosy cheeks and dimples?
I did not win in the friends department because Garrett was completely wastey-face and all he cared about was that our shoes matched.
Finally around 1:30 we called it a night and took a taxi home (which I've never done in this county before). We ended the night with all three of us cuddled in my queen bed. And by "cuddled" I mean on top of each other but it didn't matter because of the Jell-O and free beer.
Don't act like you've never done that before.

The next morning was preeeeeeetty rough but we sucked it up because I'd promised them mimosas and brunch by the beach. It was everything I hoped and MORE because we had bacon.
And they had heaters on the patio (our beaches are cold, not sorry) so we didn't freeze.
We walked out on the pier and I worked really hard on convincing them that they wanted to move up here.
After brunch we went to the Madonna Inn, and I think it was Lisa's favorite place she's ever been.
EVERYTHING IS PINK.
It's really a pretty cool place and if you're ever in the area (hint hint) I suggest checking it out.
Especially the men's restroom because of the waterfall urinal.
That evening, after our nap, we went back to San Luis to meet some other friends for dinner. After that we went downtown because I wanted to show the girls the nightlife in my college town.
Well, we saw the nightlife and after 2 bars, 2 drinks, and 2 hours, we were in the car heading home.
Yes, we switched into our orthopedic shoes on the way to the car *joke*.
It was fun being out and running into other friends, but we were just exhausted. Plus, it was really hot and loud and I think the strobe lights and excessive grinding was too much for me.

Before they left on Sunday we went to my favorite, Pizza Solo, and after stuffing our faces with calzones, salad, and solo stix, they left me to go back to smoggy crowded Brea. I have a feeling they'll be back.
It was so much fun and I am so happy they were here!
Aren't girl friends just the best?
Yes.

Sami's Shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was very busy but so much fun :)

      Delete
  2. how fun!! looks like a blast and your blog looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was GREAT! And thanks, I'm in love with what Erin did :)

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to stop at the Madonna Inn!! LOVE the new look:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do someday! It's worth it :)

      Delete
  4. You were up in Brea?? How crazy I used to dance over there growing up and I worked at the Brea Mall!

    ReplyDelete