Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dear Twenty-Four

Dear Age Twenty-Four,
     We had some good times, didn't we? I'm pretty sad to see you go. Don't tell Twenty-Two but I think you're my new favorite year. Way to go! So, Twenty-Five, are you listening? You've got a lot of work to do if you want to come anywhere close to as great as this past year has been. Some things were sad, like leaving my apartment and my roommates in Brea...

Lisa, Me, Cortney
...but other things were happy, like movint back to the Central Coast to be closer to my family and in a smaller town. It started out kind of rough because I had no job and it was a big transition, but it was easily one of the best three decisions of my whole life.

Me and my sister Angenette in Morro Bay

...and we started a softball team and a Bible study.

I had a boyfriend ...


...and then I didn't have a boyfriend. And through that I learned that being single is totally underrated and I'm a huge fan of it. It took me years to get to this point but I've finally made it! *Confetti*

I got my first real grown up job and it's not what I thought I'd be doing but I love it.
Basically, Twenty-Four, you kicked some serious hiney and I'm proud of you.

And now,
Twenty-Five, let's talk about you. Things need to get done this year.
Let's make a list!!!!
-Pay off student loans and credit card.
-Take the Series 7 exam.
-Go on a trip in an airplane.
-Save save save save save $$$$.
-Stop eating garbage and fit back into my old pants.
-Move out on my own.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable. These are all totally realistic and all it's going to take is some determination and will power. Ugh, willpower. I'm so bad at that.
So anyway, goodbye Twenty-Four and thanks for being the best year ever. And Twenty-Five, you're going to rock, maybe even like a wagon wheel.

2 comments:

  1. I hope 25 is a good year for you. List are always good. Sticking to them are even better.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is a bit contradictory... and thats what I love about it :) I hope I can be a big part of your 25 year of life!!
    I love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete