Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Went Shopping.

I am not a shopper. I love makeup, and accessories, and most girly things, but shopping has never been one of those things I just love to the moon and back. On a Saturday afternoon, if you and I were trying to find something to do, shopping would not even be on the list of options. Anyway, I'm going to a wedding on Friday, and I needed a new dress. It's November, and the dresses I have are either A) too summery, or B) don't fit right. So, I decided it was time to get a new dress. One that I could wear to this wedding and beyond. So yesterday I went to the mall with Lisa and the 19 month old I watch to try and find the PERFECT DRESS. It didn't exist. I wanted something that hit right around my knee and didn't have an obscenely plunging neckline (and wouldn't break the bank). While there were plenty of dresses with fabulous necklines, NONE OF THEM CAME LONGER THAN 8 INCHES ABOVE MY KNEE. Well, that's kind of a lie. The ones that did hit my knee were so tight I felt like I was wearing spanx. It was not fun. It's FALL, so why are dresses so short? And then I realized: it's not that dresses are short, it's that I'm tall. Ugh. 

BUT. Today I decided to brave the stores again, and I found THIS


And I love it. It was the last one, it fits perfectly, it's long enough, high enough, and soooooo soft. 

And I still hate shopping.

1 comment: