Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's July? When did that happen!

     How is it mid-July already?? Before I know it Christmas will be here. I find myself saying that every. single. year. and every year I continue to be surprised at how quickly the years go by. But in the moment life seems to trudge by. Anyway though, let's do a quick recap of my life the past several weeks.

     I turned 23. Twenty-three seems so much older than 22. I have been in denial about turning 23 ever since I did, but I think I'm slowly getting used to the idea. (What am I going to do when I turn 25? Or **gasp** 30!?!?) Twenty-two was such a great year and I have been very apprehensive about giving it up. Is it just me, or do I sound totally dumb right now!

     I was able to spend two weeks as a couselor at a camp I used to go to as a kid. I spend two 5-day sessions at a Christian camp for elementary children, and it was amazing. During camp, the focus was on GOD and the KIDS. Not on me at all. I didn't have to schedule anything for myself, I didn't have to worry about how I looked, I wasn't reminiscing about college, relationships, or life in general ... it was amazing. And God did so much amazing work in some of the girls I was with! I was in complete awe at the end of both weeks. And I definitely got some work done on myself, as well. I learned so much about God, myself, and relating to others, and I wasn't expecting all of that. It was AMAZING. God is so good!

     Before camp I was on a great sleep/eat/work out schedule. I would get up just before 8AM and go to bed at 11PM (at the latest), my eating habits were phenomenal, and I was running. But now? S-L-A-C-K-E-R. It's 11:30p.m. right now and I'm still awake. I have ice cream bars in the freezer, and the most physical excertion I have experienced is walking to and from my car during the day. This is bad, people!!!!

     Things are good. God is good. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment