Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This is dumb, that's dumb ....

      I once asked a career counselor, "How did you figure out what you wanted to do with your life?" He gave me a long winded answer that didn't help me at all. So I rephrased my question: "How do you decide what to do with your life when there are five or six options that each seem like they could be really good?" He said to pick one and run with it, and if it doesn't work, try the next. And the next, and the next. Um, thanks a bunch, but that's really not what I was looking for. I wanted a cut and dry answer. I wanted someone to tell me something like, "Write your options down, shuffle them, and pull one out of a hat. It's fate. It's meant to be. It's God's way of telling you what to do." But no. I have to decide for myself. That is SO. ANNOYING. I'm ready to move on. I'm done, I'm over it. I have no more passion. I have no drive. It's monotonous. I'm telling you, as soon as this lease is up, I'm outta here. It's the American dream, right? Whatever. Who really knows what the American dream is, anyway? Who decided what it would be? Who decided most things in life? Stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment